Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Doggy Story

This is Petunia. She is/was a stray. I saw her for the first time last Thursday in my front yard. I could not catch her. I saw her again on Friday, and again could not catch her. Then the weekend came and if you read the post before this one you know I was very busy. Well on Monday morning as I was taking some trash out to the can she was back out in the street. She had company, her name was CECILE..... she had come to her moms to pick her up, we were going to town. So she called me over and we coaxed this little dog into coming to us. She is so sweet. A few days before we caught her there had been a sigh up in our neighborhood about a lost dog. While I feed her and got a blanket for her to lay on, Cecile went to get the phone number off of the sign. The sign was gone, everything was gone off of the board. So then came time to try to find her a home. We could not keep her. We tried calling several animal rescue people and all home were full. Finally my dear friend Missy put me in touch with a lady who takes in rescues. I took Petunia to her yesterday. She was so excited. She took her to the vet and she had a couple of minor issues but will heal very quickly. I thought she was a Chihuahua mix, but the vet said they were 90 % sure that she is what they call a Basenji, an African hunting dog. She is only about 7 months old and are somewhat expensive to purchase. The lady will keep her for a while before trying to adopt her out and I have put up pictures of her in the neighborhood thinking that maybe her owner will be looking for her. Now she has food, water and a warn place to sleep at night and I didn't have to call animal control to come get her. Another blessing this holiday weekend. Thanks Cecile, Missy and K for helping find her a home.

2 comments:

Missy McLain said...

I am so happy that K could help out...she is a sweetheart and love animals so much. Miss ya bunches :) Be safe

Cecile said...

I am so so happy that Petunia has a loving home!!God bless all of the people involved in finding her a home!!!