Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Weekend

My weekend was very busy. Our church youth group collects food for Thanksgiving boxes each year. Well this year we had 11 families that needed our help. One of those families also needed some clothing and jackets. So Saturday I spent my day getting more food and buying clothing for 5 young boys. Remember I only have a girl, I keep calling Cecile to ask questions about boy sizes and such, she was a big help. Thanks Cecile. We went to deliver these food boxes on Sunday afternoon after church, Everyone was so thankful for what we brought them even though it wasn't much because we had so many families. The brightest part of the day was when we got to the B family with all the little boys. It was such a blessing. The little boys (ages 5-9) were so tickled to get cozy jackets ( warm winter jackets), dad was very thankful for the food and mom was excited about the socks and underwear that we brought for the boys. WOW, the things we take for granted. Again Cecile came through for us, she only has a boy, who is growing like a weed. She sent a giant box with very gently used clothing. The boys were excited to dive into the box and see what each could use. This time of year we should all be THANKFUL for what GOD has so graciously given us and help people if we can.

2 comments:

Missy McLain said...

What a blessing that must have been. We do take so many things for granted. Thanks for sharing. Love ya

Bonnie said...

How wonderful that you do all that. I feel good about donating food and clothes although I've never delivered them personally. However, last year at Christmas I helped Santa and the police department deliver food and presents for Christmas. What an awesome feeling that is. Many tears were shed and my eyes are very open now as to what I have compared to many others out there through no fault of their own. You are a wonderful person, Trina.