Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wild Wednesday

My Wednesdays are usually pretty laid back, sit around home and get stuff prepared for our Wednesday night youth meeting at church. Well yesterday was the exception to the rule. I had gone out side for a few minutes and came back in to a voice leaving a message on my answering machine, I ran to see who it was and just assumed it was an ask for donations kind of thing when I heard the voice identify himself as a police officer with our local department. I continued to listen and when I heard the words police report and stolen paintball guns I thought he had the wrong person so I picked up the phone to tell him this and boy was I in for a shock. He asked for my name and address and asked about stolen property and I told him we had not made a report. Then he asked me if I drove a red jeep and seemed to know alot more about me and where I lived. To make a long story short, my jeep was broken into (in my front yard) and Katlyn and David's paintball guns and equipment were taken out of the back seat. He told me they had a suspect in custody and when he told me who had done it I was very upset It did not surprise me but it hurt me very bad. It was a neighborhood kid that has been to church with us, in my house, played softball with Katlyn, etc. I knew that he had been in trouble several times, but I just didn't think he would do it to me..... boy was I wrong. He also gave them another boys name but as of yet I don't know if he has been arrested. The one boy was in the police car when they came around to take pictures of the jeep, dust for finger prints and verify that the stolen items were ours. I tried to talk to him but the officer in charge told me that he was already under arrest and that I could not speak with him. I have to go over in a couple of days and get a copy of the police report and such, David is going to press charges. He not only stole from me but from his very own neighbor and thats how he got caught. When they ask who the stuff belonged to he fessed up and told the police officer. Well, they took him off to jail and I got our stuff back without having to go through a lot of red tape. (I had the boxes to paintball guns came out of) Will let you all know how things progress from here. Have a great Thursday.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm at a loss as what to say. Who would ever think someone you know would do that to you? You were lucky that you got your items back and no one was physically hurt. I can't even imagine how you feel. I believe David is doing the right thing by pressing charges. How else will the boys really learn right from wrong.

Missy McLain said...

I am so very sorry that he did that to you. It hurts so bad, and you just don't know what to say or do. You and David are right for pressing charges, I know it hurts because I know how much you both care about him, but he will learn to understand your reasons. Love Ya

Cecile said...

I can't imagine why a kid would do this to yall of all people that has helped him so much and cared about him but now he has to sit there in jail and think about what he has done and he definately needs to get some kind of help!!!!
I am so slad that yall got your stuff back:))